Chedworth Villa – Quick Facts
Chedworth, Gloucestershire Map & Website
- In the 4th century, one of the largest and grandest villas in Britain was built here. It had 50 rooms and included 2 bath suites, 2 kitchens, and indoor latrines.
- West wing dining room mosaic with 4 seasons and Bacchus themes.
- West wing bath complex foundations and several mosaics.
- 3 types of hypocausts including stone “top of the range” hypocaust pillars.
- Octagonal cistern surrounding a natural spring.
- Column stumps from portico colonnade.